Essential Oils for Acne
Millions of peoples worldwide suffer from acne. In fact, an estimated 60-80 percent of young adults, both males and females, suffer from acne. And recent studies show that the prevalence of adult female acne has increased. Instead of these angrily tiny eyesores on your chin or forehead, why not trying natural essential oils for acne, oily or aging skin? These tiny eyesores can be treated with certain essential oils. In addition, these 5 famous essential oils for acne and oily skin will provide you with other benefits and make your skin look more radiant and fresh.
Lavender Essential Oils for Acne, Dry, Aging, and Oily Skin
Skin Type: Acne, Oiliness, Dryness, Elasticity, Aging, Scars.
- Lavender essential oil is made from steams distillation of flowering tops of the plants and mainly produced in France, Bulgaria and Spain.
- Today Lavender is most used essential oil in the world. Because of its versatile nature of all essential oils, this oil is great for dry, dull, winter, oily and aging skin.
- Amazing smell of lavender oil helps you to relax your body and helps in to get rid of underarm odor.
- Lavender oil helps in eliminating nervous tension and get relieve from body pain and headache.
- Disinfect skin, scalp and restores skin complexion and reduce acne.
- Most dermatologist and aroma therapy use lavender oil and would say that lavender oil is most effective oil to treat different types of acne problems.
- Blend 2 drops in lotion or cream or in massage oil to get relieve from various skin problems and to naturally moisturizing your skin.
- Add 4-5 drops in warm bath water to fresh your whole body.
- Add 3-4 drops in shampoo or conditioner to get relieve from scalp, lice or dandruff.
Tea Tree Essential Oils for Acne and Oily Skin
Skin Type: Acne and Oiliness.
- Benefits of tea tree oil is countless, it is the first choice to Get Rid of Blackheads.
- Tea tree oil is extracted from steam distillation of leaves and twigs of Tea Tree, remember tea tree is not the tea plant that is commonly associated with tea as beverages.
- Tea tree is native to various regions of Australia and is popular among the inhabitants of that region.
- Tea tree oil is effective as benzoyl peroxide to treat acne problems without any side effects.
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil is well known essential oil for oily and acne prone skin.
- This oil can also be used to treat minor cuts, burns and scrapes and to repair your skin as naturally.
- Blend 2-3 drops in cream, massage oil or in lotion to get relieve from acne and skin pigmentation and to reduce stretch marks.
- Add 4-5 drops in bath tub to moisturizing your skin and to keep your mind fresh and calm.
Geranium Essential Oils for Acne, Dry, Aging, and Oily Skin
Skin Type: Acne, Oiliness, Elasticity, Aging, Scars and Dry Winter Skin.
- Geranium essential oils for skin care is made from leaves, stems, flowers of low growing shrubs which sprouts pink and red flowers.
- Geranium oil is also known as natural radiance booster and its smell is unforgettable.
- This essential oil is suitable for all skin types and excellent oil for dehydrated, dull and fatigue skin.
- Geranium essential oil promote blood circulation, regulate production of oil and reduce acne breakout.
- This oil helps to heal eczema, minor burns and head lice.
- It’s generally safe and non irritating oil but should dilute before apply on skin and hair.
- Blend 2-3 drops of geranium essential oil in your massage oil or in cream to get relieve from acne, eczema or other skin problems.
- Add 4-5 drops in lukewarm bath water to natural booster your skin tone.
- You can also apply 2-3 drop in shampoo or conditioner to keep away lice and dandruff.
Patchouli Essential Oils for Acne, Aging and Oily Skin
Skin Type: Acne, Oiliness, Dryness, Aging.
- Patchouli essential oil comes from herbal shrub that grow in east and is mainly produced in China, India, Malaysia and South Africa.
- Because of its sweet and distinct earthy smell make it popular in America in 60s.
- Patchouli essential oil helps in promoting new cell growth and is great for aging and oily skin.
- Antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties of patchouli is beneficial for skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, acne, psoriasis and also beneficial to eliminate dandruff.
Neroli Essential Oils for Acne, Oily, and Aging Skin
Skin Type: Acne, Oiliness, Aging.
- Neroli essential oil is higher priced fragrant essential oil. Just one liter of Neroli essential oil takes hundreds of buckets of orange blossoms from the bitter orange tree.
- Neroli essential oils for skin care is one of the rejuvenating oil and contains natural chemical “citral” which helps in regenerating skin cells.
- Great for mature, oily and sensitive skin and helps in smoothen skin fine lines and skin toning.
- It helps in preventing scarring and combating stretch marks and promote skin radiance.
There are tons of expensive cosmetic oils are available for different skin types to combat acne and oily skin. But it’s important to know that these harsh cosmetic chemicals and over-the-counter or prescription medications can cause further irritation. And long term use of these harmful chemical products and use of cosmetic oils may damage your skin or change skin tone.
Essential oils for acne have the power to kill bacteria on the skin naturally. Some essential oils for acne, or oily skin such as lavender oil, or tea tree essential oils soothe and protect the skin from irritation and stress. Try out these famous 5 essentials oils for acne, aging, or oily skin that best suited for your skin type.
Related Article: The Top 5 Anti Aging Essential Oils For Skin Care