Honey and Coconut Oil for Hair
The richness of coconut oil combined with antibacterial nature of honey gives a consistency that is perfect for repairing and moisturising dry and damaged hair. These scalp nourishing hair masks contains healthy penetrative oils and honey works wonder in rejuvenating sleeping hair follicles and also attracts the moisture from the outside and helps to retain it in your hair. Try this honey and coconut oil for hair deep conditioning, which is perfect for repairing and moisturizing damaged hair.
- 1 tbsp Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Organic Raw Honey
These measurements seem small but are perfect for waist long hair. If you think small, add little more but large quantity makes your hair greasy.
- Pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil with 1 tbsp of pure organic honey in a bowl and mix thoroughly, make sure your coconut oil is melted, use slightly warm coconut oil for best result.
- Wet your hair and scalp and have a towel around the neck, now section your hair into two or more parts.
- Apply this hair mask by massaging your scalp for 3-4 minutes, from top to bottom and split ends.
- Use shower cap to cover your hair that helps in retain the warmth of hair mask and also helps the mask to penetrate deep into hair.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Do regularly once or twice in a week.
- Add some honey in your regular shampoo or conditioner, if you not want to try any separate treatment.
- Add few drops (4-5 drops) of peppermint essential oil, it has regenerative property and promotes hair growth.
You can also try this honey and water treatment and nothing extra needed. You need only few tablespoons of honey and water. Apply this and spread onto your hair and wait for 15 minutes to work it and wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this regularly 1-2 times a week. Apply as you would shampoo to your damp hair and wait for 15-20 minutes to work before bath.
If you not want to put this sticky substance alone on your hair, you can add little olive oil and yoghurt. These are important components to get your hair back in shape.
What you need?
- 1 Tbsp Pure Organic Honey
- ¼ Cup of Plain Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Apply this on your dull and damaged hair for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Please don’t forget to comment your review about honey and coconut oil for hair deep conditioning.
Last Medical Review: 03/13/2016