How to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
Strong and offensive body odor is very embarrassing and can be a source of great discomfort for others. These unpleasant underarm odor start when sweat mix with bacteria that cause pungent body odor. These bacteria grow quickly in warm, unhygienic and moist environment and give a very unpleasant body odor.
How to Combat Body Odor
There are lots of body spray, deodorant and commercial chemicals are available in the market to temporary control of body odor, but these chemical products not address the underlying cause and may also harmful for skin. Nature have everything you need so why you go for harmful and expensive chemical products. Here are some natural home remedies to get rid of underarm odor.
Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
Lemon juice is very effective way to treat body odor problem. Acidic property of lemon juice helps in reducing pH level of skin and make it difficult to bacteria survive on your skin.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut in two half, rub it on your skin, underarms and odor troubled area gently. Leave it for 8-10 minutes to dry and take shower. Do this regularly once a day to get rid of body odor permanently.
- For sensitive skin, dilute this lemon juice with water and apply using cotton.
Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
Apply tea tree oil on your odor troubled area. This Australian oil is very powerful to kill bacteria and also have pleasant smell.
- Add two drops of tea tree oil in 2 table spoons (Approx 30 ml) of water and apply on underarms thoroughly.
- If you want to use this regularly as deodorant, keep this solution in spray bottle to use as deodorant.
- Essential oils are very effective so don’t forget to dilute this oil. Discontinue if cause irritation to your skin.
Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
Witch hazel is a great remedy to get rid of unpleasant body smell. This natural product lower pH level of your skin and helps in reducing sweat and make it difficult to survive odor causing bacteria on skin.
- Store witch hazel in sprayer and spray on underarms and odor troubled parts of your body instead of deodorant after bath.
- Take a cotton and soak in witch hazel and dab it underarms to get instant rid of unpleasant body odor.
Get Rid of Underarm Odor Using ACV
- Apple cider vinegar is very powerful natural product to fight against bacteria and eliminate body odor by balancing pH level of your skin.
- Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in your lukewarm bath water and soak for 8-12 minutes regularly once in a day until you feel improvement.
- Soak a cotton ball in ACV and rub it on your skin and underarms, wait for 2-3 minutes and then take shower. Do this regularly for 1-2 times daily to get rid of body odor permanently.
Make Your Own Essential Oils Deodorant
Essential oils are very powerful natural products to fight against many skin, hair and health problems. They reduce sweat gland activity and antibacterial agents in essential oil helps to kill skin bacteria’s.
- Mix 5 drops each of sage essential oil, coriander essential oil and lavender essential oil.
- Distilled with 3-4 table spoons of witch hazel and mix thoroughly.
- Keep this solution in spray bottle to use as deodorant.
- Add 1 table spoon of dried sage into 2 cups of hot water and wait to cool this solution.
- Rinse this cool sage-water solution onto your underarms and sweat troubled area of your skin.
- Do this regularly two times daily until you get rid of body odor permanently.
Other Tips to Get Rid of Underarm Odor Permanently:
- Shave regularly your underarms because underarms hair increase odor by trapping sweat and more bacteria.
- Use essential lavender oil to fight against skin bacteria. Massage lavender oil by diluting in massage oil to get rid of unpleasant body smell.
- Use antibacterial soap to reduce bacteria count in turn reducing the odor.
- Eat plenty spinach, green vegetable and other leafy vegetable regularly to fight against body odor.
When to consult your doctor
If you have permanent and too much body sweat and underarm odor, there may be a problem with nervous system that regulate sweating, having a low blood sugar or could have overactive thyroid gland, see your doctor.