How to Make Mint Sauce and Mint Jelly
With the incredible appearance and ultimate health benefits of mint, Homemade mint sauce and jelly become most popular and favorite mother’s recipe. Making mint jelly or sauce is like making your own cost effective herb and add a gourmet touch to your food.
There are different ways of making mint jam or sauce, some of them are harder to prepare but all are delicious. You can easily plant mint in your home or yard for fresh mint every day. Here we share only one simple way to make mint sauce and jelly at home.
How to Make Mint Sauce
- 4 Tbsp of fresh chopped mint
- 4 Tbsp of boiling water
- 4 Tbsp of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of malt vinegar
- Green food coloring (Optional), use organic food coloring only.
- Take fresh mint leaves, remove stalk and wash it off.
- Dry mint leaves in tea towel.
- Put sugar and water in a pot and boil for few seconds to mix all the sugar.
- Pour vinegar over the chopped mint and add sugar-water solution and mix well.
- Serve this mint sauce with your daily diet to improve taste and health.
How to Make Healthy Mint Jelly:
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint leaves.
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened apple juice.
- ¼ Tbsp lemon juice.
- 4 ½ Tbsp white sugar.
- 1 ¾ ounce powdered fruit pectin.
- Add fruit pectin, lemon juice and apple juice in a jar. Stir mixture to dissolve well. Boil this mixture for few minutes and stir again.
- Add sugar and chopped mint and stir well. Boil mixture for few minutes again and constant stir to dissolve completely.
- Pour this solution onto hot, sterilized jars, cover them with lid and process in boiling water for 6 minutes. Remove and cool them, taste fresh homemade mint jelly.
- You can also add green food coloring, but we recommend to add organic coloring to this mint sauce and jelly.