Oral Hygiene Instructions
Teeth is the most important part our body and can make or break our appearance but many people not care about their teeth. We use our teeth for smile, chew and talk but yellow and unclean teeth can break our sparkling smile. Teeth and gums problems can also lead to the risk of many other diseases like abdomen problems, stroke, diabetes, heart diseases and increase risk of cancer sore. Follow these 5 oral hygiene instructions for healthy teeth and gums to bring your sparkling smile back:
Regular Brushing Method
Here are some principle that every one follow at every age of your life.
- Brush twice a day i.e. in the morning and in night after dinner and spend approx 4-5 minutes in brushing.
- Brush slowly and don’t be panic while brushing it may cause your teeth loosen. Brush all the surface of your teeth gently.
- Use soft and rounded toothbrush or use ADA(American Dental Association) certify toothbrush and toothpaste only. See seal of approval on toothpaste and toothbrush by ADA.
- Use fluoride toothpaste only it keep your teeth enamel strong and help in formation of hard mineral on your teeth.
Clean your Teeth Between
- Use floss at least once a day to keep your teeth between clean this protect our teeth from pain and formation of unwanted germs in between them.
- Flossing should be done at night after brushing it remove any food that stick in between your teeth and clean your teeth other side where brush cannot be reach.
- Rinse out your mouth with fluoride mouthwash daily after brushing at night before go to bed it helps in keep your mouth fresh and protect your mouth from generating unwanted germs. This also remove any food that is left in between your teeth.
Teeth Whitening Tip: After brush your teeth, add 1 tbsp of vinegar in 2 tbsp of water and dip your brush in this solution. Brush your teeth again with this solution as a rinse. This is a good practice to keep your teeth white and remove stains.
Clean your Tongue
- Clean your tongue daily after brushing it helps in removing plaque and hence keep your whole mouth fresh.
- Use tongue scraper to clean your tongue. Tongue scraper is very useful part of oral hygiene and helps in keep your tongue clean and prevent from generating bacteria and germs. Tongue scraper also helps in removing plaque and keep our breath fresh and provide good smell. Proper cleaning of your mouth and tongue also prevent canker sore and oral problems.
- You can also use back side of your tooth to clean your tongue because tooth brush are come with tongue cleaners.
Oral hygiene instructions will never end without the food items important/harmful to your teeth and gums. Check out foods best and worst for teeth and gums.
Food Items Best for your Teeth
- Eat food rich in calcium like cheese, nuts, milk, yogurt and soybeans for strong and healthy teeth.
- Eat food that are rich in vitamin C like salad and citrus food.
- Saliva is most important part that fight against bacteria so eat food that promote saliva production in our body. Drink water regularly also help in saliva production.
- Eat healthy food that exercise your teeth like apple, carrot etc.
Food Items Harmful for Teeth
- Black tea and black coffee is very harmful for teeth.
- Highly acidic food items like lemon and lime juice are harmful for teeth because they can erode our tooth enamel which cause our teeth more susceptible to decay.
- Ignore soft drink like colas and other sport drink because they are so acidic.
- Ignore sugar whether it is white or brown. Sugar create an acidic environment in our mouth for approx two hours which is much harmful for enamel because acid erode our tooth enamel and make teeth less stronger.
- Ignore alcohol and wine because they suppress the production of saliva. Saliva protect our teeth from acidic foods and also fight against bacteria and germs. So ignore alcohol and alcohol products.
Proper dental and gums care is most important part in our life cycle no matter what your age. Taking care of teeth and gums by following oral hygiene instructions regularly, maintain your dental and gums problems and keep your body healthy and fresh.
Last Medical Review: 02/28/2016